Sunday, March 4, 2012

Instrument Panel 0412484 Finished

 I don't have an instrument hole punch and couldn't find one to borrow so I used the jig saw to cut out the holes.  It was slow but cheap.  To make a slot for inserting the blade to start the cut I just punched 1/8" holes 3/32" apart.  It's very easy to do with the Whitney punch but hard to do with a drill.  The drill but wants to wander into the adjacent hole.
 With the holes sawed out, the next thing was to smooth and more perfectly round the holes.  The drum sander on the Shopsmith works great for this.  I have a 2" drum which is head with the drill check for the 2-1/4" holes.
With all the edges de-burred it's ready for primer and paint.  When the paints dry the instruments and lights can be mounted.  I have to repair the original cover but it should be usable.  I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment