Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Some Problem Spots

There are a few spots which need a touch up with the 225 deg. iron. I also found a few spots where the first brushed coat did not fully encapsulate the fabric. All the spots where where the fabric is close to but not touching some structure. Almost all of these were along the spars. The fabric only sits about .040" from the spar, the thickness of the rib plus anti chafe tape. When the first coat of poly-brush was brushed on, the liquid on the back of the fabric appears to have transferred to the structure leaving the fabric nearly dry. In the first 2 pictures it left little more than pin holes. The third picture shows a spot over the spar which has a large dry spot. I've gone back and lightly brushed some 3:1 Poly-brush over the areas and feathered it as best I could. I think I can smooth the edges a little with the iron and or some reducer. I'll check the other wing before I spray and fix any spots I can find which should prevent it from ever showing. There appears to be poly brush actually on the fibers just not enough to seal it.

No comments:

Post a Comment