Monday, November 15, 2010

First Coat of White

I took this picture at this odd angle from the porch of the attic because I could see the faint grey spots in the white. Jim and Dondi had warned me that the yellow is very transparent since they eliminated lead from the pigments. Their point was that any shadow from the silver will show through the yellow. When I first sprayed on the white it looked so good I thought I could get away without a second coat. After talking to Jim he convinced me that there were visible shadows in the white. After looking at this picture they don't show in it. Anyway it is supposed to rain the next 2 days so we'll let the wings dry and hope its warm enough Thursday to spray a second coat of white. I've got a lot of work piled up in the shop so I guess the rain will give me a chance to earn some money to pay for all this good fun.

1 comment:

  1. I'm right behind you on covering a single Cessna 140 wing. Just sprayed the first coat of Poly-Spray an hour ago. It's warmer here (Georgia), so I'll get a coat-a-day. Have enjoyed your notes!

    George

    ReplyDelete