Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sanding Wings

Thank heaven for a stand which easily rotates to a nice angle for working. I started with the leading edge at a lower angle, reaching from the leading edge side. Than between the spars at this angle from the trailing edge side. Last I tipped up the trailing edge to a comfortable angle and sanded behind the rear spar. Just a light sanding along the edge of the tapes and the open areas to get any specs of trash under the poly. You can really see any brush bristles left in the Poly-Brush, I thought I found all of them earlier. Once it dried I sprayed another full cross coat of Poly-Spray. They really look good, not perfect, but I like how they're coming along. Tomorrow the other wing. These cool short days really slow things down.

No comments:

Post a Comment