Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ready To Assemble Pedals

All the parts are cleaned up and repainted. I found some nice aluminum colored Rust-Oleum to paint the cast pedals and their links. I epoxy primed the inner (brake) shafts because one was developing some rust even though they were cadmium plated. I also lightly greased the inside of the rudder bar to protect it without paint. One thing I would do differently is not painting the stubs on the rudder bar where the pedal tubes slip on. One light coat of epoxy primer would have been fine. They just fit to tight otherwise. They're all back together. I'm also missing one of the halves of the bearing blocks that mount to the floor structure. Hopefully it fell in the shop where the pedals were removed several years ago. No one even has any listed anywhere on line.

No comments:

Post a Comment