Thursday, May 2, 2013

Cowl Baffle Seal Felt Arrived

The felt arrived from The Felt Store.  The smallest pieces they sell are 1 ft. x 6 ft. (the width of the roll).  It appears the SAE F-15 felt is the best choice.  The F-26 doesn't seem to spring back as well.  It also seems to be made from coarser wool fibers.
Now I need to rig up a way to cut nice even strips.  The Cessna strips are 7/16" square but they only sell the felt in 1/8" increments so I bought it 1/2" thick.  I'll need to cut the felt in both directions.
I think I need some 1/2" angle to make an edge to hold the felt against while I make the first 7/16" cut from the sheet and then another piece of angle to make a channel to hold that strip while I cut off 1/16".  I think I could use a single edge razor blade with a holder to run along the angle.  Sounds like a trip to Lowe's.

No comments:

Post a Comment