Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Engine In Pieces

The engine is apart (the picture is before I split the case). I've started cleaning everything so I can inspect, measure , and re-paint. The prop hub is off to be overhauled (inspected & replated) so I can't reassemble until it returns and can bolt it to the stand. The only problem I've run into is finding some of the lubricants and sealants required by Teledyne Continental service letter SIL99-2B. A.E.R.O. had the silk thread (641543), 3D Permatex to stick down the thread, engine oil, and Paste-Gasket (642188). I'm still looking for Molyshield Grease and Dow Corning G-N Paste. I now have a lifetime supply of silk thread. In the past it came with the gasket set. I guess I'll just have to find more engine projects to use it up on. I like that idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment