Saturday, July 21, 2012

Accessory Case Installed

 The oil pump gears gears are in the accessory case.  The gears are on the crankshaft and camshaft.  The timing marks lined up with the crank and cam in the correct positions so I assume it will all work fine.  The bolts on the gears are on the list (SB97-6) of mandatory replacement at overhaul.
The accessory case is on as well as the valve lifter plungers and covers.  It's cool to see it going back together after all these years setting.  The overhaul manual could have used a few more pictures and less words.  Safetying the screen and pressure regulator cap took three tries.  I should have just done it and not read the instructions.  I'm trying to make sure I'm really doing things right not just how I've always done them.

No comments:

Post a Comment