Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Rocker Covers and Push Rod Tube Seals

It doesn't look much different but the cylinder nuts are torqued, the valve lash is good with the lifters compressed, the rocker covers are on and the push rod tube seals in place.  Moving the spring clamps into position was more work than I expected.  I have a pair of pliers specifically for these type clamps but fully opened they still would not move over the ridges on the seals.  A little engine oil helped.  The ridge between the 2 grooves for the clamps is taller than the ridges at each end.  What I've done in the past and should have to here was to slip one clamp over the tube before sliding the seal on.  The second clamp is then clamped to the casting, out of the way for installing the seal.  What I did this time was to slide both clamps on the tube.  This meant getting the bottom clamp over the middle ridge.  I got them all on but it was much more work than needed.  Hopefully I won't do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment