Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Springs and Things


These are the flap return springs.  Once the paint has dried well they can go back in the plane.  They were a mess but still sound.  I dipped the spring ends in primer and let them dry before priming and painting the rest.  It takes a few light coats to get paint into the center of the coils, but with them stretched like this it worked fine.
The skylight window mounting flanges needed a little work.  The lip on the inside for the headliner was smashed so I made this tool for straightening them.  I used a piece of aluminum angle and shaped it to the inside shape of the lip.  I rounded it and tapered it at each end so I could work it into smashed areas.  With some gentle work they came out great.  Now I just need to find out how to install the windows so they never leak

No comments:

Post a Comment